"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 12, 2011

9-11-2011 Reflection


Today is a day of quiet reflection. Ten years ago, I received a call from my husband moments after the first tower was hit; I knew he was safe. But, then, silence. I will never forget the hours of waiting; of the uncertainty. I didn't know where he was, only that he was unable to leave New York City. I will also never forget the kindness of his co-worker who gave him and seven others a safe place to spend the night and begin to process what was happening. Ten years later, I remain deeply grateful to her for her kindness. She is one of the unnamed and unknown heroes of that day. Her name is Ellen and she remains my 9/11 hero. Thank you.

2 comments:

meg said...

That's nice... did you see my post about the man who's village gave cows?

Karen the Book Lover said...

Very nicely written. It's so good to remember the good things that came out of that day, isn't it?