"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

The last leg of my trip, Amsterdam to JFK, was canceled as a result of volcanic ash. The Amsterdam airport was closed (I believe for 5 or so hours) so many flights were canceled or delayed. I was able to get a seat on the first flight to JFK as the planes resumed flying. It was a movie worthy scene -- check to see if there was a seat, yes? no? maybe? find old boarding pass --- need to see passport --- seat available, maybe? Hand off to another KLM service rep, who then needed to review with her supervisor, and yes, there is a seat!!! Thank you KLM staff! Pack up my stuff (I'd been sitting for hours) and dash across the airport to gate. I think I was second to last through boarding/security. But, I had a seat on a plane heading to the USA. The twinkling lights of NYC were beautiful as the flight landed about 8:30. My own bed and pillow were wonderful, but my own shower was even better! Home Sweet Home.

No comments: